Only Mozilla Sunbird 0.8+ supports CalDAV sync.
To set up CalDAV support for Google Calendar in Mozilla Sunbird, follow these steps:
- Open the Sunbird application and select File > New Calendar.
- Select On the Network and click Next.
- Select the CalDAV format option.
- In the Location field, enter [ https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/ [ your Google Calendar ID ] /events ] and click Next.
Your Google Calendar ID for your primary calendar is just your email
address, but for all other calendars the Calendar ID will be in the
form of [ long string of characters]@group.calendar.google.com. You can
get the Calendar ID by clicking the down arrow next to your calendar at
calendar.google.com and selecting 'Calendar Settings'.
Be sure to use https in your URL, as an http address will not work.
- Enter a name and select a color for your calendar.
- In the pop-up screen, enter the following information:
Username: This is the complete email address you
use with Google Calendar (including the part after the @ sign). If
you're using Google Apps, be sure to enter your Google Apps email
Password: This is the password you use to sign in to Google Calendar
- Click OK.
Your Google Calendar will now appear in the Calendar tab of Mozilla Sunbird, and Sunbird will sync any changes to and from Google Calendar.