Moving a Google Site from g.risd.edu to risd.edu
Google allows users to assign another user as the owner of a site BUT does not allow this to happen between domains. The following steps are a work around to this problem.
Part One: Share the site with the risd.edu account
1. Access the site from the g.risd.edu account.
2. Click More Actions Drop Down
3. Select Manage Site.
4. Select Sharing under Site Settings
5. Enter the risd.edu account and choose either owner or collaborator. Either way will work.
6. Click Share.
Part Two: Copy the site1. Access your risd.edu email account and find the email sent about the shared site.
2. Click the link and you will be brought to the login page.
3. Click "Sign in with a different account" in the bottom left corner.
4. Enter your email address and access the site.
5. Click More Actions Drop Down
6. Select Manage Site.
7. Select General under Site Settings.
8. Click Copy this site
9. Enter a site name and specify the URL
10. Check Include revisions and Copy Site Members (UNLESS current members use g.risd.edu addresses...)
11. Click Copy this site.
12. Reshare the site if necessary
Part Three: Check the site
1. Go through each embedded/linked document, calendar, video, attachment, etc to make sure they are not linking to g.risd.edu docs, calendars, etc.
2. If necessary, move and relink documents, calendars, etc to risd.edu using the instructions.